The Basic Service Package will be provided as follows:
One set of up to 5 login accounts (shell accounts) for the research group with a combined storage quota of up to 1 GB. Accounts MUST be tied to Yale credentials (Netid). Users have the ability to sub-divide their space and manage permissions within sub directories as desired. One major web "presence" or sub-directory that can have multiple branches underneath it (e.g. http://ccr.research.yale.edu/). Complete access to a wide variety of scripting tools and methods including but not limited to:
- Java (Tomcat)
Ability to securely transfer files through SSH and SFTP.
File system backup on a daily basis
We will also respond to trouble calls from client point-of-contact(s) for service(s) covered under this Agreement. The preferred method is through an electronic trouble ticketing system, email@example.com.
Systems software upgrades, problem tracking and resolution
Security issues and their resolution will be tracked by us as the central point of contact with the Information Security Office (ISO). Should ISO determine that your site has been compromised or otherwise presents a risk to others at Yale or on the Internet in general, your site will be blocked by ISO.
Excluded services, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- File space will not be NFS mountable.
- No printing from shell accounts.
- No support for MS Frontpage extensions.
- No local mail storage or clients for mail processing. We will not accept or deliver electronic mail.
- Absolutely no HIPAA, ePHI or protected data in any format can be stored or hosted under the research.yale.edu hosting service.
- Requests for custom settings and modifications are not allowed. These include, but are not limited to: no custom groups, no custom permissions, no PHP modifications, no web server modifications, no database server modifications, no operating system modifications, no environmental changes of any kind.
Increased quantities of service: If the client simply needs more storage or more shell accounts we can scale the resources accordingly at incremental costs. For more additional information on costs and charges for this service, please refer to the "Costs" section of this website.
Custom services: ITS may be able to provide additional services in many areas (content management systems, blogs, scripting, database support, web design and maintenance). By their nature these services require a custom consultation and a specific price quote for your needs.